Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 22 - Bethany LeBeau, Grade 9

Bethany LeBeau, 9th Grade
Colossians 1: 9-10, "For this reason, we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you will be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the lord, fully pleasing him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God."

I think numerous Christians believe that once you accept God and you are saved, your walk with God ceases. You believe that since you are saved you do not have to be active in your walk with the lord. Nothing could be more wrong. This is one of the reasons (in my opinion) that many Christ followers has fallen away from their first love of God; they don't spend enough time and effort with God to learn His word and talk to him. I have been caught in this trap many times, but I know being on fire for God is better than being alone in our world.

Now onto the verse, it provides a great example to show us what we need to do as Christians. First off, we need to 'walk worthy of the lord' this simple statement can pack a punch. Think of everything Christ did for you on the cross, how are you living in response to that? Secondly, we need to strive to please God. Most people will see that and bail out knowing it is impossible, however God knows you, what you can and cannot do, and he will help you and reward you greatly when you do this. Finally, you need to produce fruit. Jesus said that He was the vine and that we are the branches, and that whoever did not bear fruit would be cut off. The majority of people take that for granted, but you will see that bearing fruit is one of the most rewarding tasks, along with reading God's word to increase in knowledge.

Prayer: Father, please help me to live more holy every day. I know it may be hard but in the end it is so worth it. I pray that as I work on getting better about doing your will that you will be with me and help me along the way. I am so thankful for what Jesus did on the cross for me, and i only hope I can look back at my life and say I tried to live like him. I love you, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment