Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 30 - Peyton Todd, Grade 5

Peyton Todd - 5th Grade
One of my favorite Psalms in the Bible is Psalm 23. I thought I would talk about what each part of the psalm means to me.
"The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want." That verse is saying that we are sheep belonging to God and we don't need anything but him.
"He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters." We can rest in Jesus and trust him to take care of us.
"He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake." If we follow Jesus, we are following the path to Heaven.
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me." 'Even when we are faced with trouble, we can be sure that Jesus is right beside of us, taking care of us and watching over us.
"You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies." I think that means that Jesus is protecting us from people who want to hurt us.
"You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows." Jesus gives us more than enough to satisfy our earthly needs.
"Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." If we follow Jesus and allow him to shepherd us, we will be blessed not only in this life but will also get to spend eternity with him in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment